THE CHALLENGE: Read for 24 hours. Too intimidating? That’s okay – just read as much as you can!
Link to Planning and Sign-up Post
Bookish Notes for 8-11 am:
Slept a little past 8 am, and then groggily had audiobook on in the background while I'm on the computer trying to wake up. Not a morning person who jumps in right away. Planned to do the breakfast at 8 but not quite there yet. 9-10 passed the same way, so quickly! Time started by flying.
By 11 I got so little done. Time flew and I just listened to audiobook while cooking, setting things up and doing challenges.
Challenges Participated in:
Six Word Story
Show us the Weather Picture
Books to Impower
FitReaders Do 24
Dewey's color drawing post and beginning opening survey
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Lakeland, FL
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? That's a tough one because there are several. Maybe Brimstone since I'm already reading it and it's fascinating.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Hungry Howies delivery tonight for their delicious calzones
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! 37 year old female who loves books, TV show marathon, spending time with friends and family. I have a mean but sweet cat, Malz.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? Looking forward to the variety of reading all day with different planned times, settings, food, and the social networking of it all.
1. What are you reading right now? Brimstone still
2. How many books have you read so far? None yet, Brimstone is huge (over 700 pages) and the audiobook is also huge, almost 600 pages
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? When done with Brimstone I'm looking forward to starting Needful things by Stephen King
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Yes, my brother came and visited for 40 min. I talked to him because it's a rare thing and he has trouble socializing so I rarely get to talk to him. Also had to go and buy a new phone when camera broke today, and headphone jack broke last week - needed to take pics today and it's down the road. Had to do a quick store run too.
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? How quick the time is flying.
Hope everyone had a great readathon! I probably read off an on for 17 hrs. I slept in a little, took and hour and half nap, and ended three hours early due to being tired and losing interest in reading further.
Total pages: 849
Total books: Just 1, but I mainly read two long books and my goal was page count this time